The Zoning Official is responsible for ensuring all construction within the township is in compliance with the East Amwell Township Land Development Ordinances.
Prior to issuance of any construction permits, zoning approval is required for any structure being located outside the existing building footprint.
Zoning for East Amwell Township residents is handled by the West Amwell Township.
Zoning Office Manager - Gail Brewi
Office Hours - Monday through Thursday 8:30am - 3:30pm
Zoning Official - Steven Rodzinak
Office Hours by Request or
Mondays 6:00pm-8:00pm (No appointment necessary)
WHEN ARE PERMITS REQUIRED?
Zoning Permits are generally required for most modifications on a property except for routine property maintenance operations. Common activities requiring Zoning Permits include:
- Installing an Above or In Ground Pool
- Constructing/Installing an Accessory Structure (Shed, Gazebo, Garage or Barn)
- Installing/Replacing a Generator, A/C Condenser, Fuel Storage Tank
- Installing a Fence
- Installing a Solar Array, both Roof and Ground Mounted Systems
- Installing a Patio, Walkway, Driveway or other Impervious Surface
- Constructing a Finished Basement
- Expanding/Modifying established uses within an existing Residence or Business
- Changing a Use within an Existing Building / Tenant Space
- Conducting a Temporary Activity (typically related to nonresidential uses and block parties)