Zoning Office

The Zoning Official is responsible for ensuring all construction within the township is in compliance with the East Amwell Township Land Development Ordinances.

Prior to issuance of any construction permits, zoning approval is required for any structure being located outside the existing building footprint.

Zoning for East Amwell Township residents is handled by the West Amwell Township.

Zoning Office Manager - Gail Brewi

609-397-2054 ext.117

Office Hours - Monday through Thursday 8:30am - 3:30pm


Zoning Official - Steven Rodzinak

609-397-2054 ext.122 

Office Hours by Request or 

Mondays 6:00pm-8:00pm (No appointment necessary)

For a Zoning Permit Application, please click here.

To view the East Amwell Zoning Map, please click here.

West Amwell

West Amwell Township

Please click here to go to the West Amwell Township website

Zoning Permit Self-Service Portal

The township has instituted a Permit Self-Service Portal to check the status of your Zoning Permit application and obtain Zoning Permits for your property.   The CPSS Portal is available for residents and contractors.  Applications CANNOT be made via the portal at this time.

After creating an account as a user you can:

  • Access property history
  • Track Applications
  • Obtain issued and denied Zoning Permits

We encourage all permit holders to go on the CPSS Portal and register for an account.

Please click here to enter CPSS Portal.


Zoning Permits are generally required for most modifications on a property except for routine property maintenance operations. Common activities requiring Zoning Permits include:

  • Installing an Above or In Ground Pool
  • Constructing/Installing an Accessory Structure (Shed, Gazebo, Garage or Barn)
  • Installing/Replacing a Generator, A/C Condenser, Fuel Storage Tank
  • Installing a Fence
  • Installing a Solar Array, both Roof and Ground Mounted Systems
  • Installing a Patio, Walkway, Driveway or other Impervious Surface
  • Constructing a Finished Basement
  • Expanding/Modifying established uses within an existing Residence or Business
  • Changing a Use within an Existing Building / Tenant Space
  • Conducting a Temporary Activity (typically related to nonresidential uses and block parties)


Amwell Valley Bulk Regulations

Sourland Mountain Bulk Regulations

Village District Bulk Regulations

Local Business District Bulk Regulations

Highway and Office District Bulk Regulations

Zoning Map

2023 Tax Maps